Michigan Reproductive Medicine (MRM) is a comprehensive fertility clinic located in beautiful Bloomfield Hills.
Since we opened our doors in 1998, we have been innovators in fertility treatment helping thousands of patients realize their dreams of starting a family. We are national leaders in egg freezing technology.
Why should you trust Michigan Reproductive Medicine with your care?
We Care About Your Needs
- We are here to help you with your specific concerns and needs. Our emphasis is on personalized care.
- Our focus is on taking care of you, as a unique individual. Therefore, there are no group teaching or counseling sessions. We are here to listen, provide compassion and support you emotionally.
- You will receive consistent care because everyone here is involved and invested in doing our best for you.
- Our goal is to treat every patient like we would want to be treated.
World Class Experience and Expertise
- Dr. Michael Mersol-Barg, M.D., our director, is one of the few physicians in the country who is both a board-certified Reproductive Endocrinologist and an IVF Laboratory Director.
- Dr. Mersol-Barg and Dr. Singh each have over twenty-five years of experience in this subspecialty.
- Our practice has a great team of nurses, embryologists and patient support staff in order to deliver the type of care that big systems and high-volume groups do not provide.
- Dr. Mersol-Barg and Dr. Singh have consistently been recognized as top reproductive endocrinologists in Michigan by peers and patients.
- Our doctors’ areas of expertise include, but are not limited to, assisted reproductive technology (ART) including IVF and ICSI, pre-implantation genetic diagnosis (PGD), egg freezing, donor egg bank, fertility preservation, male factor infertility, egg donation, all aspects of female infertility, reproductive endocrinology, PCOS, oncofertility, advanced microsurgical laparoscopy and hysteroscopy.
A Leader in Egg Freezing
- We founded Michigan Egg Bank, one of the first egg banks in the US, in 2008. In 2010, our earlier independent research led to the first birth in Michigan of a baby from a frozen egg. The Michigan Egg Bank has since helped parents have approximately two hundred more babies and counting.
- As a leader in donor egg IVF, we offer a large selection of fully-screened, immediately available quality egg donors from our Michigan Egg Bank.
- As a member of the National Oncofertility Consortium and National Physicians Cooperative, Michigan Reproductive Medicine is a regional magnet center for assisting women who seek to preserve their fertility through egg freezing before starting cancer therapy.
- Personal Egg Banking: Women can take a proactive step to protect their future fertility by freezing their own eggs for later use.
You Can Begin Treatment Immediately
Regardless of whether you need IUI, IVF, Donor egg IVF or PGD, you can begin treatment when it is convenient for you. Our endocrine, andrology and IVF labs are open and ready to provide services.
State-Of-The-Art Lab Facility Leads in Benchmark Practice Standards
Since opening in 1998, MRM uses only electronic medical records (EMR) to maintain the highest standards and avoid errors often caused by using paper files. We have embraced technological advances early and often.
During routine inspections required for infertility clinics:
- MRM consistently receives the coveted “perfect score” certification from the College of American Pathologists-American Society for Reproductive Medicine (CAP-ASRM).
- Our EMR system so impressed inspectors that they invited Dr. Mersol-Barg to present it at a meeting of the American Association of Bioanalysts.
- The American Physicians Assurance Corporation (APAC) awarded us with an “excellent” rating and its Excellence in Risk Management Award, honoring practices that minimize potential errors while handling patient care and records.
- An inspector from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC)/Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology (SART) team invited Dr. Mersol-Barg to lecture at the National Donor Egg Meeting in 2013 on our work in egg freezing and building the Michigan Egg Bank.